Upon acceptance to BHSN enrollment is contingent upon successful completion of the following:
- Satisfactory CORI (Criminal Offender Record Information/SORI (Sexual Offender Record Information). Conviction of a serious offense may result in denial of enrollment or dismissal from SH/BHSN. Please contact Tanya Ross, Coordinator of Student Services, 508-941-7050, for further information.
- Documentation provided by student of a physical exam which includes: Up-to-date tetanus, annual TB shot, blood work that shows proof of immunity to MMR, Chicken Pox and Hep B(immunization records are not acceptable) and a letter from your doctor stating that you are good health and free of restrictions.
- A current American Heart Association Health Care Provider certification. Students will be given the opportunity to qualify for this certification during Orientation Week.
- Proof of current student enrollment in a health insurance plan. Once accepted, students will be given the opportunity to purchase an individual health insurance plan through Fisher College.
- Attendance at BHSN Information Session and completion of the health Education Inquiry System (HESI) Exams.
Annulment of Admission
Admission status may be annulled when:
- Students do not meet the conditions for continuing enrollment
- The admission status was based on documents later found to be fraudulent
- Student do not present evidence of own health insurance
Students who successfully complete our nursing program will earn a Diploma in Nursing from BHSN. This enables our graduates to sit for the Massachusetts National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN). Students may also graduate with an Associate in Science in General Studies from our affiliating partner, Fisher College, depending upon the amount of their transfer credits.
Associate in Science Degree Candidates
Students seeking a Fisher College Associate in Science in General Studies degree must complete a minimum of 30 credits through Fisher College. In addition, the student must transfer into Fisher College the 33 credits from their BHSN curriculum. The student may only transfer 6 credits from another accredited educational institution and still be eligible for the Associate in Science Degree.